Sadly it’s time to pack up your cute summer dresses and bathing suits. The good news is that it’s time to break out the fun autumn wardrobe you’ve been waiting for. Here is a list of the hottest fashion trends this fall to help you steer clear of dressing basic.
- Embellished Guitar Straps – Bags are now getting the rock star treatment. Extra wide straps with tons of embellishments is the way to go.
- Chain Handle Bags – Add a little bit of glitz to your workday with a flashy chain handle bag.
- Oversized Clutches – It’s about time we upped the size of those clutches. There was no way we could fit all of our essentials in those small ones.
- Fringed Styles – Fringe is back! Bringing the music festival feel to your everyday bag.
- Pointy – This style has been all over the place this year, so of course you’ll need to carry it over into this fall season.
- Suede – Expect to see a lot of colored suede in stores this fall.
- Lace Up – It may be time to pack up those cute gladiator flats, but it’s also time to bring out the lace up boots that are trending this fall.
- Ankle Straps – This look is huge for the upcoming colder seasons.
- Metallic Hues – Bring on the gold, silver and bronze this fall.
- Color Trend (Pantone) – Expect to see Aurora Red, Warm Taupe, Dusty Cedar, Potter’s Clay, Sharkskin, Riverside and Airy Blue. There will be a lot of variations of tan this autumn.
- Pattern Trend – You’re sure to spot plenty of fall floral print, stripes, plaid, geometric, pinstripe, and houndstooth this season.
- Embellishments – Lacing, velvet, bell sleeves, corset, tinsel, ruffles, capelets, metal details and extra-long sleeves will all be making a splash.
- Cold Weather Cheeks – Add an extra touch of blush to your cheeks in the same color they would turn if you were outside in the chilled air.
- Jewel-Tone Smoky Eyes – Smoky eyes have always been a favorite, but add some blue, emerald or indigo jewel tone shadow to bring out your eyes
- Feathery Lashes – Add some full, false lashes to make your eyes look larger and more awake. Don’t overdo it with the rest of your face. This fall is all about taking one feature and emphasizing it.
- Lightly Strobed Skin – Contouring is on its way out, but highlighting is here to stay. Use your highlighter to emphasize the areas of your face where light hits.
- Shape Trends: Rounded, oval and long almond shape are all popular shapes.
- Black and Gold Accents – This color combo is perfectly suited for holiday parties.
- Half Moon Manicure – Pick the perfect color combo to pull off this trendy look or leave the half-moon bare.
- Mixing Metals – You can combine multiples shades or just accent or embellish.
- Minimal Dots – Decorate your nails with strategically or randomly placed dots.
- Glitter Nails – Add a glitter topcoat to your perfectly manicured nails this season.
- Chokers – They are back from the 90s! Pick a skinny scarf to wrap around your neck or a chunky choker. Some are tying ribbons or cords as well.
- Glasses Trends – oversized, aviator, round lensed cat eye, ombre lenses and double wire-rimmed are all great options.
- Jewelry Trends – Layering, pendants, ear cuffs, raw stones, single earrings, bow scarves and pearls and a few of the fashionable jewelry trends this year.
Now get to work on your autumn wardrobe. You’ll look fabulous, darling!
– By Stephen Reynolds, Editor @sreynoldswrites