We often buy items thinking they are only going to serve one purpose, but if you look around your house, you’ll be able to find several uses for the common household items you have laying around. Check out these household hacks for the common items you have around your house:
You’d think these would be good for just jotting down little notes to remember later. Nope. These sticky pads have several other ingenious uses.
- Bend the Post-It in half and attach to wall when drilling a hole to catch all of the drywall mess.
- When there’s no tape, cut the sticky part off and use it as tape.
- Wrap the sticky edge around a cable to identify it.
- Use the sticky edge to clean between the keys of your keyboard.
Toilet Paper Rolls
Once you’re done with the toilet paper you probably just throw the cardboard in the trash. Take a look at these ways to reuse the rolls.
- Organize your cords by rolling them up and placing them inside the tube.
- Make a bird feeder.
- Fill with soil and a seed and plant in the ground as a seed starter. The roll will decompose.
These don’t just belong on your fridge.
- Use a strip and glue it to the inside of your medicine cabinet to attach bobby pins, hair clips, and tweezers.
- Use metal containers to hold your spices and attach them to the inside of a cupboard with magnets for a convenient and organized solution.
I’m sure you’ve used them for paper and folders, but have you heard of some of these hacks?
- Attach these to your desk edge and thread your USB cords into them to prevent them from getting lost behind your desk.
- Clip two of these to your phone and create a stand to keep your phone from falling over when watching YouTube, taking pictures, or recording videos.
- Clip to your toothpaste tube to get every last squirt.
- Keep your power cords organized and labeled by attaching bread clips to them
You don’t have to just hang your clothes on them.
- Use the plastic clips on hangers as chip clips.
- Reuse shower curtain rings and attach them to your hangers to make a simple scarf holder.
- Hang your spools of ribbon on a wire hanger.
I bet you thought this only belonged in salad dressings. Think again.
- Use in place of shaving cream for a closer shave.
- Remove eye makeup.
- Dust wooden furniture with an old rag and some olive oil.
After you read it do you throw it away? Well, please don’t.
- Deodorize food containers by rolling up a ball and leaving it in the lunch box/thermos overnight.
- Ripen tomatoes faster by wrapping each tomato with a sheet of newspaper and leaving athem out overnight.
Are there any other household items you’ve found multiple uses for?
– By Lana Evans, Editor