School’s out and so is the sun. It’s the perfect timing to take your whole family on a summer vacation. You will be able to create some lasting memories with these top ten vacation spots for families:
National Parks. With 58 total National Parks (not including the monuments), you have plenty of choices. You can start to the one nearest to your home or plan an adventurous road trip and check a couple off your list.
- Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming. Visit Yellowstone (the world’s first national park) and explore its dramatic canyons, alpine rivers, hot springs, lush forests and its famous geyser, Old Faithful.
- Glacial National Park, Montana. This is one national park you need on your list sooner rather than later. It’s one of twenty-five glaciers remaining. By 2030, the glacial regression model projects zero glaciers will remain.
Beaches. There really is nothing more appropriate for a summer vacation than spending time at the beach. Pack up the kids, a bunch of snacks, beach towels and the sunscreen.
- Hilton Head Beach, South Carolina. You can’t go wrong with the 12 miles of shoreline.
- Coronado Beach in San Diego, California. You’ll find perfect weather and spotless white sand here. Not to mention everything else that San Diego has to offer.
Museums. You will have a multitude of choices when it comes to museums.
- The Strong Museum in Rochester, New York is all about having fun. It includes the National Museum of Play, the International Center for the History of Electronic Games and the National Toy Hall of Fame with over 400,000 toys and games.
- The Children’s Museum of Indianapolis includes a Planetarium that will bring the night sky to life.
Amusement Parks. This vacation choice is sure to please your littlest and biggest kids.
- Universal Studios: Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Your children immersed themselves in the Harry Potter Series and now it’s your turn to take them away into a magical world they can visit in real life. Orlando, Florida
- Disney. Channel your inner child and take a trip to one of the many Disney vacation spots. It doesn’t matter what age your children are, there is plenty to do for all ages. Visit Toon Town in Disneyland and then Soar Over California in California Adventure when you’re through. Or maybe travel to the Sunshine State and walk through the many different parks at Disney World. You can even take a Disney Cruise to a tropical destination. It will be magical no matter which option you select.
Unique Ideas. These are sure to create some lasting memories.
- Become a Real Cowboy. Saddle up at Tanque Verde Ranch in Tucson, Arizona. There are daily kid programs to develop their horse-riding skills.
- Stay in a Treehouse. Takilma, Oregon has the Out ‘N About Treehouse Treesort. Your kids can now sleep nestled atop the trees. Zip lines, horseback riding and rafting are among the activities available at the treesort.
What vacation will you go on this summer?
– By Lana Evans, Editor @Lana_Evans2